Recycling mechanism considered as an Initiative made by
(ECO-Techno Group) recycling plastic bottles, to create new combinations
of shapes .
The images below show the main steps of the work:
Empty plastic bottles was collected from backyards ,processed and
cleaned only in 7 days by members of the group and dormitories of
University of Technology.
The plastic caps, the bottle and the brand were formed in many shapes .
Within this activity , (ECO-Techno Group) is inviting the specialists
and researchers at the University of Technology to set up a project that
will Characterizes the performance of our university .the project
concern is to
to recycle plastic bottles that are available in many places within the
University complex (scientific departments , dormitories and cafeterias)
especially in the summer as Recycling process which represents the step
first towards classifying University of Technology as environment
friend. This group is supporting all students and employees through
upgrading environmental awareness related to recycling and
classification of wastes.
On the occasion of University of Technology celebrations Day in April
2015, the establishment of a (ECO-Techno Group) was announced
represented by first year students under the supervision of design
lecturers to be the first step towards including all the students and
employees of Department of Architecture and even the University Of
Technology as a whole.
This group is concerned within the issues of environmental reservation
and environmental awareness in the University of Technology and the
local community in order to build a safe and healthy environment as we
live in polluted environment which required more caring . Our
university's environment (for example) is employees and students’
responsibility which this group tend to highlight this issue .
The most important (ECO-Techno Group)
goals are :
• Increasing environmental awareness among university employees and
society , through explaining environmental health factors.
• Enhancing and creating positive environmental conduct among employees
• Environmental ability in learning and environmental awareness
development to achieve sustainable environment to contribute in the
improvement of life style and well-being for the future generations.
Citations and the rule of awareness
Quran and Prophetic commands to the preserve the environment and
resources. It the verses from Quran: ((Not mischief in the land and the
sin of shirk after repair resurrected apostles)) (Al-A’RAAF verse 56)
((Do not make mischief in the land)) (Al-Baqra Verse:60)), ((and Allah
does not like corrupters.)) (Surat Al-Mā'idah 64). . and many more.
corruption in the land that is either physically sabotage or
contamination or morally corruption by dissemination of vices.
Prophetic commands concerns with preserving the resources and earth ,
Bukhari and Muslim Hadith books showed that Anas ibn Malik reported that
the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace ( ” There is no
Muslim instills Garcia or planting implants eats it a bird or a human
being or an animal , but has had a charity ” ). Within this meaning
there are a lot of many other Muslim Hadith.
Musnad Ahmad and Bukhari book (singular literature) that Anas reported
that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If the
Final Hour comes while you have a palm-cutting in your hands and it is
possible to plant it before the Hour comes, you should plant it."
• Environment awareness in literature
• The damage caused by human to the environment at the present time, is
no less damage for caused by the elements of nature in the past."
• If you have the chance of choosing an action , make sure that it is
the w ay of nature. Aristotle.
• Man is the product of nature in which he live. G. de Maupassant
• Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
• If only we know what we do when we dig , cut ,plague plants. We harm
the growing countryside when we dig or cut even if we mean to make them
grow . Next generations will not guess where was beauty. Gerard Hopkins
Natural environment conserving should not be the responsibility by
government itself but it is also the responsibility called upon
individuals to play a role in ensuring the region sustainability..
To the University of Technology
• Our Iraqi rivers , our environment kept calling no more pollution
• our environment is our future, our environment represents us. Make it
the most beautiful. No pollution.
• our environment is the mirror reflects our country to the world... no
• our environment is our future keep it clean... no pollution.
• Throwing dirt on floor reflects your attitudes and sanitary habits
.let us begin with fresh start , our life is precious ..no pollution ..
• No pollution, our behavior should reflects our method by keeping our
university and house clean.
• Keeping our University Clean and beautiful should be our concern .
• we should apply our environmental awareness methods and preserve our
environment cleanliness .
• How to express our life style? keep our university and environment
• Together to achieve our goal towards a healthy and beautiful
• Together to keep our university environment clean.